What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Double standard

I'm not a big fan of Belinda Stronach's, but the first thought that popped into my head when I heard Liberal David Emerson was now a Conservative minister was that his critics wouldn't be using the same language they'd thrown at her (dipstick, prostituting, whore - I believe were a few of them) and I think that thought was right.

(I kept that thought to myself - sort of - because the first time I shared it the response was, "not everything is about putting women down" or something to that affect and I got a little sensitive. Everything might not be, but I believed the language used to describe Stronach's defection wouldn't be the same used to described Emerson's and I was right. Unless someone can find the media reports I've missed...? I'd actually love to be proven wrong).

Hmmm, I wonder why women in this country don't want to run for political office...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home