What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Summer sickness

Scratchy throat, stuffy noise, sinus pressure and pain, oh, and I can't forget the fever. How have I managed to get sick in June?...
Was it the food from the union course possibly contaminated by my brothers and sisters?...or was it the buffet at the awards dinner? (no sneeze guards at the fancy hotel)...or maybe it was my decision to venture outside into the real world Tuesday after weeks of sanctuary at home and work?
No matter, I will persevere. I will fly despite my weakened, sickly state.
But first I will build up my strength with yummy Thai and retail therapy.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

    There was no yummy Thai food to cheer me up. As I walked along Dundas I came to the what I thought was the location of my favourite Thai restuarant but the name had been changed and the door was locked. Disappointed, Lisa and I decided to go to Spring Rolls instead, where the pad thai is not nearly as yummy.

    Silver lining: I did get in some retail therapy before my sickly self could go no more.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home