What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I row good

I arrived at the boat house tonight for my fourth rowing class (third on the water) and what does the instructor do - she puts me and fellow rookie Ellen in a two for some sculling. Gulp! We were hesitant and well, quite frankly, a little scared. Ellen had visions of us ending up in the water, I had visions of us getting stuck in the middle of the lake.
Neither vision came to light. We rocked. Ellen made sure we didn't hit any boats, the shore or that plane. I kept us in time (1-2-3-row)...It was great working with just one other person instead of seven, and to not have the coxsain critiquing you. We mastered those choppy waters and didn't encounter any bodies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home