What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

T-16 hours



I have my bib in hand and now all I can do is drink water, eat some carbs and wait. The big day is almost here and I'm excited, nervous and anxious. I just want to lace up my shoes, put my hat on and get out there. I went to the run expo yesterday and listened to a few speakers who were very inspiring. They talked about what a big accomplishment this is and how we've inspired others through our journey (even if we don't know it...and even if we're just doing the half). And I have to say I agree.

Five months ago I had never run more than 5k. I had never had a sports injury or run a 5:32 km or run for two hours or run up and down hills repeatedly. But, five months ago I set a goal for myself and I worked hard every single week to prepare for that goal and I am so proud of myself for sticking with that journey and no matter what happens tomorrow no one can take that accomplishment away from me. And when someone slips the finishing medal around my neck it will be the icing on the cake.

Of course, everyone knows how much I love icing...And cake with icing.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

    Rest assured I'm very proud of you. I also think you and all these other runner types, my friends included, are batty.

    Best of luck! And remember: there's not shame in taking the bus of shame!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home