What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Just a thought...

Obviously I have no idea what it felt like to be a passenger on the Air France flight that crashed at Pearson but I when I saw the story in the Star about the lawsuit filed against the airline, the GTAA and Nav Canada, I was a little surprised. In today's litigious society it is safe to assume people will sue after any accident and I believe the passengers should be compensated for the physical and psychological trauma that is going to plague them for some time.

But, $75 million (so far) for an accident in which everyone got out alive. An accident where, by all accounts, it seemed airline staff, emergency workers and others responded quickly - averting a very possible disaster. An accident constantly referred to as a miracle (however annoying that became) for days after. That seems like a little much...

If you were choking and someone gave you the heimlich and saved you, but, say, broke a rib or two in the process, would you sue them for negligence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home