What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Yum, yum


Apparently to keep cool during this hot Toronto summer, the lions at the Toronto Zoo are being given a special treat - a bloodsicle. Images of the special concotion were shown as part of a story on the CBC evening news. Fresh blood is mixed with water around a hunk of meat and then frozen before being given to the big cats. Sounds tasty...(why I watched this right after eating, I'm not quite sure...)

Despite having their own 24-hour swimming pool, the polar bears also get a frozen treat: pieces of fish and fruit in a hunk of ice dyed with food colouring that the giant animal actually holds up to chest at times to cool down its blubbery self...That image alone would almost make the trip to the zoo worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home