What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pumpkin time

It's been about 15 years since I carved a pumpkin and it was just as gross as I remember. Carly loves Halloween (there's a giant inflatable pumpkin in her front yard to prove it) so when she invited me over to carve pumpkin I thought it'd be fun (plus, there'd be treats...).

You can tell I'm not the Queen of Halloween. Look how tiny my pumpkin is. That big one was just one of C's three. Plus she has three different kinds of candy separated into bowls, all ready for the little ghosts and goblins to come knockin'. The kids in her neighbourhood are lucky.


Pumpkin guts are just as icky as I remembered, but we got 'em all out. On the advice of Shannon I decided to cut out the bottom instead of the top. It worked well, especially since it had be transported.



Once I had a hollow pumpkin I had to figure out what to do with it and I hadn't come prepared. Using the designs Shannon had brought I decided to be non-traditional and go with a bat instead of a face.



Carly did a barfing face for one of her's. I didn't get to see the final product so I demand a photo from tomorrow night. (This was not the barfing one).



My final product will be revealed tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home