What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

London Day 1

I arrived in London at about 7:30 a.m. (felt like 2:30 a.m. to me), got my first stamp in my passport (yeah!) and rode the tube for the first time. (Please note these day one photos are not so great, but the picture show will get better).


Checked into the hotel, met my roommate (my trip was the Contiki European Getaway London and Paris extended) and then we were off. Walked to the National Gallery (in new sneakers that were so not broken in yet - very bad idea), which is where Trafalgar Square is.



In this free gallery I saw many paintings, including this one. (It is shown in both the beginning of Desperate Housewives and one of the first openings to Growing Pains).


Next it was on to the National Portrait Gallery (for about 25 minutes because there was a lot of London to see in a very little time). I don't know if I saw this, but I bought this Andy Warhol post card in the gift shop. It also came in red, blue and a few other colours.


Then it was on to my last stop of the afternoon, the British Museum. It is very big. This is not all of it.

Using my handy London Top 10 book I made sure to hit most of the highlights, including these two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home