What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Girls Rule!

Before today's impressive haul of four more medals, Canada had 14 and 9 of those were won by the women. Now that number is 13 out of 18. I don't know what this means, if anything, I just wanted to point it out. Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Speaking of which, as I watched the games while eating breakfast this morning I was able to witness what was, at least in my opinion, the moment of the olympic games so far. Alberta's Chandra Crawford gave an awesome performance in the cross country sprint and got the gold. The 22-year-old had only won one medal in world competition so far and that was a bronze.


But it wasn't that she won a gold that was so great, it was seeing her reaction afterwards. She was jumping on the podium and smiling and her enthusiasm was infectious. I know nothing of sportsmanship or the thrill of competition and winning, but I think Canada's Chandra Crawford epitomized all of that today.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What bothered me so much was the news last night that kept going on and on and on about the men's hockey team losing when we won FOUR medals!

    C

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home