What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Countdown to London and Paris Pantin

I leave in 23 days on the trip I've been planning for two and a half years and a little of the shine is off of it. Apparently I'm not staying in Paris but rather a placed called Pantin. I haven't a clue where that is in relation to Paris, but to me it looks like I'm staying in, say, Mississauga when I want to visit downtown Toronto. (Red star=Pantin hotel, black star with Paris over it=Paris, duh.)


Secondly, there has been a flight let down. I thought I'd be on the same flight as the girl I met on the Contiki message board, but it turns out her flight leaves an hour after mine. Isn't it logical to think people going on the same tour, leaving from the same airport would be on the same flight? I think so. (To get back to the her leaving ONE HOUR after me: why does Air Canada need a 6:15 p.m. flight, a 7:15 p.m. flight, a 8:15 p.m. flight and a 10:30 p.m. flight from Toronto to Heathrow in one evening? Couldn't it just use two big planes several hours apart?) Had I been given a choice I would have picked flight #4 so I could go to work that day, get a drive to the airport, not deal with rush hour traffic and not arrive in London at 7:30 in the morning when I can't check into the hotel until 2 p.m.!

OK. Rant over.

I know what you're thinking:
You: "Stop complaining bitch. You just got back from Vancouver and now you're off to Europe. You have NOTHING to complain about."
Me: "But my tour cost a lot so it should go exactly as I want it to."
You:...
Me: "Hey, where'd you go?"

Damn Blogger maintenance this WHOLE post was done and I clicked on publish and it went away. Luckily, I have a memory like an elephant...Wonder where that saying comes from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home