What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Time marches on

It's that time of year again...With my *gulp* 26th birthday just three weeks away I was greeted this week with the usual question, 'so, what do you want for your birthday?' Don't get me wrong - I love presents. That people want to commemorate the day I came into this world by showering me with items I really, really want but could live without is great. Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. But. But I'm not really feeling celebratey this year. Granted, I do want seasons 5, 6, and 7 of Buffy, but faced with some quarter-life angst, what I really want is to:
  • be 20 again
  • know what I want to be when I grow up
  • lose that eight pounds my trainer keeps bugging me about
  • not be allergic to animals so I can have something to keep me company when if I'm an old maid
  • know what I want

I will, however, settle for - and appreciate greatly - something pretty or gift certificates to complete the Buffy collection.

It is possible this post is just the side effect of my coming down off a sugar high. No, it's a freak out about turning 26. (To all of my 26 and 26 plus friends: 26 is not old, it's just a number I appear to be having some difficulty dealing with). At least there will be cake and then, Paris.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

    Of course, if you're a Buffy/Angel fan, I hope you got into Firefly, Whedon's short-lived but extremely well-written sci-fi western. The film adaptation starts Sept. 30, and has already gotten some quality reviews.

    Go see it. And if you've never watched any Firefly, I recommend you add it to your Buffy collection. It's well worth it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home