What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Saint Catharine

Recently paid a visit to St. Catharines (does it have a nickname?) and as I attempted to make my way back to the QEW from downtown it dawned on me I didn't know which way to go on Hwy 406. Opted for south, which I realized was wrong a moment too late. Got off at the next exit only to find I couldn't find the north on-ramp. I drove aimlessly around until spotting a Tim Hortons. I can find help (and a bathroom) there, I thought. The mention of the highway name was greeted with looks of confusion from the staff - apparently they didn't know it existed, let alone how to help me. In walks the Good Samaritan lady. She said she would take that way home and I could follow her! Moments later I was heading the right way with my faith restored in human kindness, at least for the time being.

Thank you Good Samaritan Lady.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM , Blogger AG said...

    This Tornado is a bitch to the people...where is the help?!

    visit my blog :D
    http://aidangalea.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think St. Catharines is also known to some as St. Kits. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home