What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Definitely South of the border

When I read this in the September edition of Vanity Fair, I thought it was a joke. It's not.

p. 238 "...to the town of Kennesaw (Georgia), where local law makes gun ownership mandatory." Apparently, some people say, "An armed society is a polite society."

Well, sure, I could see how that would work. I know I'd be a wee bit scared to not pick up after Sparky when he takes a shit on the neighbour's lawn for fear that it would drive Mr. Smith postal causing him to shoot Sparky or me...or both!

But, do we really need to have everybody packing heat to create a 'polite' society. Come on, can't we all just get along...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home