What's in my head

This is the home of your average girl in her early 30s making her way in the big city...Not really. I have thoughts. Now I have somewhere to put them.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Changes

I was going to go to school, then I wasn't. And I didn't. (chicken?)
I was going to move out, then I wasn't. And I didn't. (fraidy cat?)
I was going to quit my job, I wasn't. And I did. (embrace the change)

Despite not having a full time job to go to. Despite not having a secure job to go to. I. Quit. My. Job. Today. After three years of security, benefits, ok pay, and doing something I was pretty damn good at, I made the choice to walk away.

Instead. I get to do something I think I might love. I get to do something that I think will make a difference. I get to do something that will make the world a better place. (OK, I used to feel that way about journalism...). But, it's part-time and temporary.

I leave the paper Feb. 2. Stay tuned because I might just stop neglecting my blog now that I'll 1) have lots of free time 2) not be paranoid of about people at work finding out about my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home